If you even have a slim recollection of what the title may be talking about then you might understand this post. If not, you must rent the movie "The Last Dragon" that came out sometime in the 80's. I'll give you a recap as I remember it. Picture the movie Breakin' mixed with Enter the Dragon and you now have The Last Dragon. It was about Leeroy a young African American martial artist that is trying to find himself. He has a wiseguy asian teacher that helps him discover that he is the Last Dragon and the "Master". His nemesis in the movie is this crazy looking, tall, electricity shooting, guy with a huge Afro that goes by the name of Sho 'Nuff the Sho Gun of Harlem.
Why am I bringing the movie up? I will tell you.
In the movie there is an all powerful scene where - did I mention this movie had great acting? - Leeroy is with his teacher and he has Leeroy open a fortune cookie. In doing so Leeroy finds that the fortune cookie has no fortune inside. I can't remember the significance in that except may be that he's done what most people don't do and somehow that has a tie to him being the master. It's a far stretch I know but for some crazy reason that's the first thing that came to mind when this next experience happened to me.
I was playing the game that most people have on their phones known as Brick Breaker and I think I just did the impossible or at least something that most people don't do. I made the ball disappear. All of a sudden it hit a brick and vanished. I didn't lose a life and the game is still going, but now there's just no point. I can't win or lose because there's no ball. I can only just play and move the little bar around. I'm not sure how many people this has happened to but just like Leeroy's opening of the fortune cookie without a fortune, I think I should now be the master of something. Most people feel great when they can actually beat a game but I have found a way to coexist with it. I don't have to beat it and it doesn't feel like it needs to make me lose. May be it's the game's way to try to communicate with me. But, what is it saying? Is it good news or bad news? What ever it is I'm sure it's life altering. You know, I think people have made it to the Oprah show with more insignificant things than this. May be I'm bound for stardom and it's the start of a new life for Sarah and me. Or as Sarah says, it's time I stop wasting my time and not play stupid games on my phone and do something productive like clean the house. I'm not sure why it always goes back to that.
Why am I bringing the movie up? I will tell you.In the movie there is an all powerful scene where - did I mention this movie had great acting? - Leeroy is with his teacher and he has Leeroy open a fortune cookie. In doing so Leeroy finds that the fortune cookie has no fortune inside. I can't remember the significance in that except may be that he's done what most people don't do and somehow that has a tie to him being the master. It's a far stretch I know but for some crazy reason that's the first thing that came to mind when this next experience happened to me.
I was playing the game that most people have on their phones known as Brick Breaker and I think I just did the impossible or at least something that most people don't do. I made the ball disappear. All of a sudden it hit a brick and vanished. I didn't lose a life and the game is still going, but now there's just no point. I can't win or lose because there's no ball. I can only just play and move the little bar around. I'm not sure how many people this has happened to but just like Leeroy's opening of the fortune cookie without a fortune, I think I should now be the master of something. Most people feel great when they can actually beat a game but I have found a way to coexist with it. I don't have to beat it and it doesn't feel like it needs to make me lose. May be it's the game's way to try to communicate with me. But, what is it saying? Is it good news or bad news? What ever it is I'm sure it's life altering. You know, I think people have made it to the Oprah show with more insignificant things than this. May be I'm bound for stardom and it's the start of a new life for Sarah and me. Or as Sarah says, it's time I stop wasting my time and not play stupid games on my phone and do something productive like clean the house. I'm not sure why it always goes back to that.

1 comment:
I don't know what to say, other than I can't stop laughing. It seems you are in dire need of going on vacation this summer and giving your brain a break (as well as your phone games). Though I am now very interested to see a picture of Sho 'Nuff, you should include his picture in this post.
Post a Comment