Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Last night...

Anyone wondering how much sleep we all got last night? 7 hours! There was some fussiness between 8-10 pm, but not the screaming that we encountered on Monday night, just general not-wanting-to-stay-asleep-so-stop-trying fussiness. She passed out around 11 pm and was finally ready to get up around 6 am. She started making her moaning and groaning and occasional scream starting at 3:30 am, but then she was out again. Is this just luck or is this a normal thing? Should I hope that I haven't jinxed myself for the rest of the week? Because of our awesome sleep schedule, it is not even 9 am and I am already showered, dressed and have a load of laundry in the washer. Talk about being productive! This means I will probably crash around 11 am when Olivia is ready to be awake. So it goes.

5 comments:

CassiLou said...

No jinx! Just be grateful for what you've got. And on the days where it's not so great, jut remember to breathe. And if you have to put her down for a few minutes in her room screaming, it's O.K. Promise. You are doing awesome.

Kimba said...

Asleep by 11 or midnight is totally normal, and it will just slowly get earlier and earlier. wy used to go down at midnight too. :) The sleeping for 7 hours is a total bonus. :) Wy didn't do that until he was way older, he didn't sleep through the night until 8.5 months! Then it was 7:30 - 7:30! And has been ever since. A total dream. As you know. :)

Alee and Brandon said...

Whoa... I'd say you're lucky! My babe is almost 4 months now... and he still wakes up at night once or twice! Eeeek! Although, he's super colicky, and colicky babies supposedly sleep less, so what can we do!

Although, I SWEAR this works, but it's going to sound crazy so just hear me out.

All of my babes were fuss-monsters, and this worked with all of them (not that it's fun).

When your baby is fussy and nothing seems to work, get out your exercise ball, stick her in a swaddleme blanket, and BOUNCE! It works way better than leaping around the house, as much as Percy probaby likes to do that. ha.

She is sooo cute, BTW!

Mary Kalree said...

Several parts of your post made me jealous. I'll number them for emphasis.
1. Your baby is WEEKS old and sleeping 7+ hours stretches.
2. You include a 11am nap into your schedule.
3. You mention a load of laundry like it's just happily swishing in your laundry room, not a wagon trip across the family student housing complex with three stacked baskets plus soap away.
Count your blessings, name them one by one! Makes you feel like singing huh?

Tiffany Odekirk said...

I think it is a blessing! Just be grateful... My kiddos are the loudest screamers and the worst sleepers, I am hoping for angel teenagers :)