Saturday, June 7, 2008

Girl's Camp

Percy and I went to Young Women's camp this past week. He was asked to go as a priesthood holder and then the Bishop said he had rented a two bedroom cabin with two bathrooms so I should also go along. Those of you women who actually atteneded girl's camp as a young woman may be able to relate to one of the following experiences.
My girl's camp experience involved sleeping bags and foam pads. We did stay in cabins, but they were simply a big room: no beds, no lights, and no electrical outlets. The bathrooms were in a spot away from camp and you almost never took a shower. Food was cooked on a camping stove or over a fire. Pants and tennis shoes were mandatory. There was a lake, but no swimming was allowed. Everything smelled like campfire by the end of the first day.

Our "camping" experience this past week was very different. Everyone did stay in "cabins." Here is the cabin description from the web site:

This new home has two bedrooms with a king size bed in each, two bedrooms with two full size beds in each, and two full size futons in the living room. This home has two bathrooms, a full kitchen and a washer / dryer. Outside there is a patio with a hot tub, fire pit, BBQ pit and picnic table.This home is located about a block from River Oaks Mini-Golf and from our private Cypress Villa river park.The Deer Run area has a volleyball net and horseshoe pits. Horseshoes and balls are furnished.Central air condition and heat - Dishwasher - Washer / Dryer, Satellite TV & DVD

The girls got to go tubing, hiking and horse back riding. It was a "rough" couple of days at Girl's camp! Here are some pictures of the cabin all the girls stayed in.




4 comments:

kmb said...

That so isn't fair. I feel like this is rubbing salt in the open-wound. Yet another reason to move to Texas.

Alee and Brandon said...

Wahooooo!!! I finally located your family blog! I think I was spelling *Canaleseses* wrong, lol... I love the header...that rocks! Anyway, it's good to see some pictures of your better half, Percy...lol.

Alee and Brandon said...

Okay, now that I'm reading that, it could be confusing...so I was trying to say you WIFE is the better half... Maybe my typing skills are getting as poor as my math skills.

Alee and Brandon said...

Oh shoot...sorry guys...I'm not trying to leave you 100 messages... I forgot to leave my blog address http://richardsfamilyfun.blogspot.com Come say HI!