
So we went to Fort Worth to see the BYU vs TCU basketball game. Men's of course. BYU beat TCU which didn't come as a surprise to me this year. What did come as a surprise to me was that we weren't the only BYU fans at all. I would say that about half the fans were wearing BYU paraphernalia and cheering loudly for the Cougars. I almost felt kind of bad for TCU. There were times when I felt like it was a BYU home game. One of the TCU guys even got the "airball" chant after missing a three that wouldn't have made much of a difference in the game. Not something I'd expect at a home game if I was a TCU player. And if it wasn't the screaming BYU fans that put the horned frogs out of their game, may be it was the fact that about 100 missionaries were in the stands. That's right, full time missionaries. What kind of mission are they running up there? I was upset at first because, as far as I could remember, I never attended a sporting event on my mission. Or any exciting event for that matter. I've heard of other missions going to fun events. My sister got to go see "Phantom of the Opera" on her mission. I had friends that attended some game in the world cup in France while on a mission. Not to compare the BYU-TCU game with a world cup game, but you get my point. Did I just go to a lame, no fun mission? Yes. I served in Idaho. Here are the "fun" things I got to do. I got to live in Nyssa - thunderegg capital of the world. I got to see balanced rock in Castleford, Kuna caves in Kuna, the ice sculptures in McCall. I would say the list goes on and on, but that was it. I actually dug deep to come up with those last three. Anyway, the BYU game was fun. Sarah and I had a great dinner at Luby's (tastes like Texas, feels like home), and had a blast driving together listening and singing along to the songs on her IPod. All in all, it was a very good trip.

1 comment:
I miss Luby's. My Grandma used to take us there for special occasions. I think super hero names would be cool.
Post a Comment