Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sail your Sorrows Away


Most of you probably know by now that the adoption placement has fallen through. The birth mother decided to keep the baby. We have had our share of ups and downs, which I think is just part of adoption. We enjoyed being able to spend some time in the hospital with both the mother and baby. It's hard to prepare yourself for an experience like this, but after several months and years of realizing that the Lord has a plan and things work out the way they are supposed to, our sorrows didn't last very long.

Our sorrows were also soon forgotten as we decided to take an actual vacation before school starts (another moment of sorrow as I realized I do in fact have to return to school in about a week). So we booked a cruise that left about six hours later, made some last minute arrangements and headed for Catalina Island, CA and Ensenada, Mexico. We ate, and slept, and ate, and slept, and ate, and saw some sights. It was relaxing and enjoyable and just what I needed.

4 comments:

Mary Kalree said...

I'm so glad you got to have some relaxation and recovery time! Ryan and I have thought of your family often and hope you are feeling better.

Alee and Brandon said...

Sad news, sorry! The vacation sounds fun though...glad you got to do something fun before the school year begins!

Dixie said...

i didn't know...my heart goes out to you two!

Tiffany Odekirk said...

We miss you guys! Lexi sometimes askes where Per-C and Yara are! can't wait to see you guys back out here again soon... We need to come and see your place soon too!