Sunday, August 30, 2009

The debate continues

Ever since my last post we have had an on-going competition/challenge/debate in regards to the word "awry." Several times this week Percy has come home from school or other activities and told me that he found another person who didn't know how to say or pronounce awry. I was going to ask the ladies at book club this week, but forgot (surprisingly enough this was not on my mind). I know I am not the only person out there who knows how to pronounce awry--or am I? No, I am smart enough to know that I am not that smart. So, ask your loved ones to either spell or simply read a sentence with the word in it ("Celeb interview goes awry"- for example) and let me know so I can put this competition/challenge/debate to rest.

2 comments:

Tiffany Odekirk said...

Ok... Kevin got it right and then laughed at Percy for not knowing. Sorry Percy!

30 year-old Dad said...

Made me think of you

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20090914&name=Bizarro