
This has been one of my favorite paintings ever since my first Art History Class at BYU: Arnolfini Wedding by Jan van Eyck. Percy has known this since we got married and it has been on a list of possible gifts to get me in the future. Due to his forgetfulnes, he left the computer on a couple of weeks ago and a whole bunch of links to art websites, so I pieced it together and knew he was thinking of getting this painting for me. A few days later he asked if the painting had come (which I hadn't known he had ordered it), so he blew his own surprise. This past Thursday, the painting arrived and I decided not to open it before Percy got home. We went to dinner with his mom and Percy told me he had opened the painting while his mom and I were gone. We got back to the house and I went to look at my new painting.
Me: (silence) What is this?
Percy: What?
Me: (start laughing hysterically) Is this some kind of joke?
Percy: (also laughing) What?
Me: (more laughing)
Percy: (laughing) What's wrong?
Me: (laughing) This isn't the painting.
Percy: What do you mean?
This is the painting he ordered:
I think it's close enough to the original. Don't you?

7 comments:
Oh man. I just laughed so hard. Poor Percy. He tried right?
THat's hilarious!!!! You are going to smile and chuckle to yourself everytime you look at that painting.
Wow Percy you have outdone yourself again! Really?! I mean REALLY?!
That is so funny!! Totally something Grant would do.
Oh my goodness Sarah! That is hilarious! I laughed out loud! :)
angie :)
Percy--PLEASE!!! It's a (HILARIOUS) disgrace!! I'm appalled ;)
Oh, that is CLASSIC!!! Hilarious!
Post a Comment