Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's a Boy!!!

For those who regularly look to the side of our blog and click the picture to view our adoption profile, you may have noticed that the profile no longer comes up. We have discovered this may be due to: 1) a birth mother is seriously considering us and the profile will not be available to anyone else to look at for about a week so she has an opportunity to decide 2) a birth mother has actually chosen us. We have experienced both. Our joy is somewhat reserved due to the possibility of her changing her mind up until 30 days after placement. But we have been selected by a birth mother in California who is going to have a baby boy and is due August 4. This has been an exciting time for us and we are so thankful for everyone's love and support the last few months. Next week we hope to have a video conference with the birth mother and actually get to talk to her (instead of only emailing), then we will plan to go out to California at the beginning of August. We are still a bit guarded because of all the uncertainties, but it is still exciting and we are very thankful for this experience. Stay tuned for more updates...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that was fast!! I hope everything works out for you guys!

Alee and Brandon said...

Yea!!! How exciting!!!! Keep us posted when things get finalized! :)

WhoElse? said...

While it is THE hardest thing to do, you are smart to guard your hearts a bit. It changes the whole experience, and it is sad to not be able to really enjoy the "wait," but the missed (or denied) opportunities do wear you down. None of my oldest three children were the "first" ones, but of course you end up with the children who are yours. You're in my prayers.

Kimba said...

I am so excited for you guys, I hope everything works out! I will email you, I talked to my mom and I'm not sure if she talked to you yet about a relative near LA with room...

Valynne said...

That really was fast!!! You guys will be in our prayers.

Tiffany Odekirk said...

We are so happy for you guys! That happened so fast you guys must be doing something right! COngratulations!

karen said...

Congratulations to the two of you! I hope everything turns out well. You are in our prayers.