Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doggie Birthday Party

So, Lucy was invited to her first (and possibly only) birthday party last week. As background, the unofficial dog of our ward is the miniature schnauzer, which up until last night we only thought there were three in the ward, but now know there are at least four. We got the call (what, no invitations?!) last Thursday and took Lucy to our friends to meet with two other schnauzers for the "party." The dogs ran around and played and we learned that although Lucy is by far the smallest dog, she is the bully: jumping on the other dogs' heads, taking toys and eating from every bowl. The party was complete with a cake (made of dog food and dog treats and two candles) and several gifts. There was also cake for the owners (although I believe it was just left over cake from some other party). As we were leaving, we were handed a "party favor" of dog treats. There were several pictures taken and if we get a hold of some, we will post them. No, I don't plan to ever hold a party for our dog, but Percy may have other plans.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

Whatever, that is hilarious! I do hope you get pictures.

The Brooks Family said...

Wow-I thought that it was a fluke that Sam turned into a crazy cat guy, but apparently it is a genetic deformity. I better steer clear of all animals for fear that I lose my good sense and buy a bird so Easton has a "brother". You guys seem to be living it up there in Texas and like Kim I hope there are pictures.

Dixie said...

I've never heard of or seen a doggie birthday party. It sounds like fun though.