Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sandwich boards: effective advertising?

Percy and I were driving around the other day along a busy road here in Houston. We were at a stoplight and on the corner was a man dressed in Mexican attire and wearing a sandwich board advertising a nearby restaurant. Percy said that we should go eat there simply because he felt sorry for the guy. I take more of the stand that I go to a restaurant for the food and not because I feel sorry for the man on the street who has to wave to the cars passing by. There were a few people I could think of that might actually go to a restaurant simply because they feel sorry for the man on the street. Are you one of those people?

4 comments:

Kimba said...

Not one of those people. :) In fact, I feel like if a restaurant needs to have some man dressed up in a huge hot dog costume to stand on the street and advertise...well...it's probably not a restaurant I'd want to be eating at. :)

30 year-old Dad said...

That's totally me. I"m forever trying to get Mik to eat at the Doghouse BBQ, this little stand we pass on our way to church that never has any customers. If I'm giving my money to a restaurant, I want it to be a significant portion of their revenues, so I can feel like a patron of the arts.

emily said...

no, I agree with kimba. however I do always try to talk jeremy into eating at obscure places.

Kimber said...

Nah, but now you know there is a Mexican restaurant there, so the guy did his job.