Anyone who knows Percy, knows he has to have his butter. Not margarine, not I can't believe it's not butter...it must be real butter. My mother now buys butter when we go to visit because he has to have his butter. He loves butter. Only bread can come close to butter. There can usually be some bread found under the mound of butter he puts on top. So today's post is for Percy: he can come home tonight to homemade bread and homemade butter. I've never tried making butter and I know it's really easy, but it still felt like a daunting task. It wasn't. Although the real test will come when he actually tries it. Maybe I will still have to go to the store early in the morning to buy butter. Oh well.
The bread came out looking a little strange mainly because I kept letting it rise too long, so I'd have to keep punching it down and letting it rise again. But Percy loved it (I think because it is 100% white flour, which I don't usually make, but I forgot to grind more wheat). Oh, don't forget the homemade strawberry jam.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment