Olivia turned two yesterday. She's acted like a two year old for the past year, so it's hard to believe she is just now officially two. I'm not good at remembering dates of things. I usually rely on Percy for that. But there are a few dates I feel like I will never forget: the day our case worker called to tell us a birthmother had chosen us (October 8); the day Olivia was born (January 5); the day we brought Olivia home from the hospital (January 8); the day our adoption was finalized (December 15); the day we were sealed together in the temple (December 23); and the day she was blessed (December 26).
She knows so many things it's hard to narrow down her favorites. She likes cats and dogs, but she can identify crocodiles, bears (which she always says in Spanish- oso), hamsters, sharks, dragon flies, and a whole slew of others. She knows the basic colors: red, blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, white, black, brown and purple. She can identify the numbers to 10- although 4 and 8 she always says in Spanish and I'm not sure why. She tries to sing the alphabet and she can do from Q on, but usually she will just sing A-B-C over and over again with the correct tune. She loves to sing- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Jingle Bells, The Farmer in the Dell, Popcorn Popping, and several others. Most of the time she is making up her own words to a familiar tune. Over Christmas her favorite phrase was "Can you hear me?" She likes to hide under the table. She loves her brother Isaac and insists on calling him Isaac Hermano. She
likes to say "Hi" to everyone she sees at the store and her voice gets louder with each "Hi" until the person acknowledges her. She is friends with everyone and is often shouting out names of the people she sees in church. She is always on the move- which means she is running- she runs everywhere. She is only still when she is watching home movies of herself. She is a fun, beautiful, lively, sweet, smart girl and I am honored to be her mother.
Happy Birthday to my little girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment