Thursday, October 8, 2009

The joke is on...me

First of all...Percy is offended that no one called his bluff in regards to the "artwork" (if it can even be called that) mistake. He surprised me with an actual Arnolfini Wedding print (actually a painting on canvas) for my birthday. He had ordered the original but then ran across the other one and just had to get it. But he can't believe no one even considered that it might be a joke. I guess it sounds too close to reality! He's pretty smart and he did a great job of taking me out for a wonderful, quiet birthday. I know I give him a hard time, but he is a wonderful husband and I am so grateful that I married him.

Random bits of information:
  • I bought a wheat grinder a little while ago and ground some wheat and made bread. I felt domestic and a little like the Little Red Hen.
  • I joined a women's soccer team. Apparently running for two weeks isn't really enough to get me into shape to actually play soccer again.
  • Our air conditioner broke just as the temperature was heating up again to the 90s. It was not a fun couple of days.
  • I made myself a birthday cake. It was disgusting. I went to a bakery and bought the biggest homemade Ding Dong. It took me four days to finish it. It was worth it!
  • Percy is convinced that I have some influence on whether or not the BYU football team wins. It's a complicated algorithm that will have to wait for another post.

I'm sure there are more things that are of little interest to anyone reading this, but I can't think of them at the moment.

3 comments:

Joshua G. Clark Family said...

Happy 30 Sarah! By the way, I so knew that Percy would get you the real thing - ask Josh, I called it!

Mary Kalree said...

Happy Birthday! So did you use your wheat grinder to make the cake? Maybe that's why it turned out so gross...on the over hand it was probably a good thing since you got to eat the mother of all ding dongs. :)
Loved the random tid-bits in your life.

Tiffany Odekirk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We should have known that it was a joke!