Friday, May 1, 2009
CPR certified?
One of the last things to do on my very long list of things to do for adoption was to be CPR certified. I took it through the local Red Cross. There were six of us there for the class. I should have known it was going to be a long day when the woman started to unlock the door and at the same time proceeded to give us a long history of the key and the door and the lock. After we sat down, she asked us which class this was and then made a big deal about we need to make sure we are in the right class (I thought it was more important to know which class she was supposed to be teaching first, before we could make sure we were in the right class, but whatever). It was a long six hours with many bad jokes (which for some reason it was our fault for not laughing, but I could only handle giving so many curtesy smiles and polite laughs). After six and a half hours, I was finally given a piece of paper to say that I am certified to perform CPR on an infant, child and adult. I can't guarantee I would be able to actually do it today or tomorrow, but there is no way I could handle another Saturday with the crazy woman from the Red Cross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was literally terrified when I was certified, because our instructor repeatedly told us that many of her students who'd just certified had to actually use it within days or weeks. Thankfully I never had to, but re-certifying is on my list of things to do! Thanks for reminding me!
Post a Comment