skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A child's prayer
I had the opportunity to visit my family this past week since we had the week off of school. My nephew Easton is five, and I have two nieces, Addie (3 1/2) and Liya (10 months). I don't see them too often, so it is always a surprise to see how much they have grown. My sister made lunch the first day and we all sat down to eat. Easton was called on to say the prayer. Now, I have taught in primary for quite some time from the Sunbeam class to the Valiant 12 class, so I have heard all sorts of prayers, but I wasn't quite prepared for this one. Easton blessed the food and then I only caught bits and pieces of the rest of the prayer, but I know he "blessed" family home evening, the gospel, and the missionaries. I was grinning, but that didn't last long. Then I hear Easton "bless" "John the baptized." I burst out laughing which caused my sister to laugh and Easton just looked at us. He said a few more things (that I didn't hear) and the prayer ended. Rachel apoligized for not warning me beforehand about the prayers. The kids have been prettly long-winded lately when it comes to prayers. They have stopped praying for Addie and her "Bella Luna" class (which is actually her ballerina class). At least they can be grateful that the kids are remembering what was talked about at Family Home Evening!
Me, Easton, Liya, Addie
Liya
2 comments:
Sarah-I am glad we got at least one picture while you were here. The story is a little better when I read it on your blog. I guess I just see the kids all the time and so I assume that the humor will be lost in translation. It was good to see you. Have a great week. I am thinking of asking my stylist for the percy cut when I go this week. Thanks for the tip.
John the Baptized! I love it!
Post a Comment