Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Time!

That's right- summer vacation has begun! This is the first summer I haven't had a list of projects that I want to complete- I don't know what to do with myself at times. Luckily Olivia keeps me busy- especially with Percy gone to Peru for a week. We bought a little pool for the backyard and Olivia (and Lucy) likes to sit in. I have been working on getting our 3 month food storage together. That has been a big project- involving a lengthy spreadsheet, menus and lists.

We have tried a variety of solid foods with Olivia, with her favorites being sweet potatoes, squash and bananas. This has added to my time in the kitchen as I am learning about pureeing fresh foods.


The squash wasn't coming fast enough.

My least favorite part of the summer so far has been Olivia learning to scream. She no longer cries when she is unhappy or upset- she screams as loud as she can. It started out cute when she would do it because she was excited, but now she likes to do it when she is tired, bored or lonely. I would almost rather have her grinding her teeth!

3 comments:

Kimba said...

ah, pools. my favorite thing about kids and summer! so far though, wy only wants to get in the pool, then out. then in. then out. it's not as relaxing as last year. :) LOVE those cheeks, though!

also, i'd love to hear about these menus and lists...my food storage thus far has been to grab an extra case of ramen at costco. i need some help!

Tiffany Odekirk said...

Hehe! BOTH of my kids are screamers... STILL. Look on the bright side, Olivia sleeps :)

The Hamiltons said...

LOVE the pics! my kids love to play with water!
BTW I can't remember your email address so send it to me at bhpb1707@hotmail.com so i can send you an invite to read our blog!
It will be nice that one of these we can get together so we can star knowing each other a bit more:)