Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rock-a-bye baby

With summer has come joy in the simple things: Sunday nights knowing that I don't have to get up and go to work the next day; staying up past my bedtime (10 o'clock) and realizing it's okay if I'm tired the next day since I am only cleaning the house; not cleaning the whole house like I had intended and realizing I can finish it tomorrow; and finally hearing that the rocking chair I ordered has been shipped.

This chair is the biggest purchase we have had to make so far in preparation for a baby. I am very excited about it because it was custom made. The man who makes them is based in Canada. You can send him fabric to upholster the chair in or he will choose the fabric for you. You pick the style and the color. My favorite part is that I wanted to find a chair that I could sit in- all the way back- and have my feet touch the ground. This has been a challenge for me. Frank made the chair based on my height so that my feet would touch the floor. It's the little things that bring me joy. He is also very personable- replying directly to emails I sent and sending me pictures of the fabric he had found to make sure I would like it and answering all my questions. I was very impressed with him and his company. Hopefully after this post, I will be equally satisfied when I finally get the chair (I am crossing my fingers that it will arrive before I leave for girls' camp). Here's the chair and the website: http://www.offyourrocker.ca/

No comments: