Every once in a while Percy says things that make me stop and wonder who this man is that I married. Tonight I was answering emails and Percy was downstairs trying to teach the dog a new trick. We use these pepperoni flavored treats for this task. I was in the middle of an email when Percy says, "Do you ever feel like eating these treats?" It was said in such a way to make me stop and realize that at some point he has felt like that. This isn't the first experience with this. We used to give the dog a little bit of wet dog food with the dry food. There were several occasions when Percy would open a can of food and comment that it smelled so good and he wondered if it would taste just as good. This is where I would leave the kitchen to go throw up.
I now realize that this story is not going to help our chances for adopting. (For those who don't know yet- we are applying for adoption through LDS Family Services).
Percy thinks it is funny that our adoption announcement comes under the title "Dog Food." We did manage to keep the dog alive for more than six months, that's got to say something about us. Right? I am going to stop now. This post is going from bad to worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You guys are too funny! Do you ever come to AZ? I miss my friend Sarah.
Kevin and I are so happy for you guys!
Oh, I would never put that past Caleb. "It's good enough for Bear!"
Also, I didn't send an email back, but seriously, congrats, and I hope everything goes smoothly! Are you working with Danielle?
That's exciting that you two are adopting! How long does the whole process take?
You are going to make wonderful parents!
Post a Comment