Percy said he would give the wonderful details, but here is my own entry to commemorate Percy's independence. Wednesday, August 27 Percy was finally sworn in as an American Citizen!! On the drive home Percy proudly stated that he can now officially sing the words to "God bless the USA" (I'm proud to be an American). We went directly to the post office to send in his paperwork for a passport so we can plan our trip to Peru. He has also started to practice speaking Spanish with a bad American accent.
I know the picture isn't very good, but I spotted a couple as we were sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting. They are sitting just to the left of the center of the picture, above the man with the peach colored shirt. I am pretty sure they are at least related to Kip and Lafawnduh from Napoleon Dynamite. Percy and I just started laughing!


6 comments:
congrats. I just became a citizen last august. It's different now to sing the national anthem and I'm proud to be an American.
Wahoo!!! That's so awesome! And it will be so much fun for you guys to visit Peru!
Congratulations! (this is lee in case you didn't already know) What are you going to do to celebrate besides get a passport and sing?
Congrats to Percy! I was laughing so hard at that picture. Love it.
It IS Kip!!! I love it!
I'm so excited to know that Kip and Lafondah are still together. I didn't think their relationship would last.
Post a Comment